Effective as of May 19th, 2020
Table of Contents
- Personal Information We Collect
- How We Collect Personal Information
- How We Use Your Personal Information
- How We Share Your Personal Information
- Your Choices
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Your European Privacy Rights
- International Data Transfers
- Third Party Links and Websites
- Security Practices
- How to Contact Us
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Lashology Cosmetics, LLC (and the vendors we hire to perform business functions on our behalf) may collect, receive, and develop the following categories of personal information:
- Contact Information, such as your first and last name, email and mailing addresses, phone number, professional title, and company name.
- Account/Registration Information, such as your username and password, order history, and preferences when using products or services.
- Demographic Information, such as your age, gender, and income.
- Information About Others for whom you purchase an item or gift, such as name, delivery address, and phone number.
- Correspondence Information, such as information you provide when you contact us with questions, feedback, survey responses, or otherwise communicate with us.
- Payment Information, such as your credit card or debit card number, expiration date, card verification number, and billing address if you make a purchase.
- Internet and Network Activity Information, such as your IP address, device identifiers, websites you came from, websites you leave to, and website interaction information (e.g., search terms entered, and products or content viewed or clicked on).
2. HOW WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and obtain personal information:
- From you. We collect personal information when it is provided to us, such as when you send an email to us, refer friends or others to contact us, or connect with us on social media or through one of our partners. For example, you may see a “Log in with…” button, which means we request personal information from a partner to streamline the login process. You will likely be presented with a “request for permission” screen by a third party asking to share additional information, such as a list of your friends or connections and your email address.
- From your device. We use tracking tools like cookies and similar technologies to automatically collect information about you (e.g., Internet and Network Activity Information). We collect this information when you interact with our website. We may have third parties collect personal information on our behalf in this way, too.
- From third party service providers. We work with third party service providers who collect information on our behalf in order to provide services to us. We only allow these service providers to use your personal information in connection with the services they provide to us.
- From other sources. Other parties may give us personal information about you. These other parties might include social media platforms that give us information they have collected either directly or indirectly from you.
3. HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share these categories of personal information under the following circumstances:
- To administer our website and services and for internal operations. For this purpose, we typically use all categories of personal information for our internal operations, such as troubleshooting, insurance claims, data analysis, and testing.
- To process your transactions and fulfill your orders. For this purpose, we typically use Contact Information, Account/Registration Information, Payment Information, and Internet and Network Activity Information.
- To improve our products and services. For this purpose, we may use the information you provide about our products, as well as Account/Registration Information and Internet and Network Activity to make our website, services, and products better.
- To send you Lashology newsletters and for other marketing purposes. For this purpose, we typically use Contact Information, Account/Registration Information, Internet and Network Activity Information, and Demographic Information when you sign-up for Lashology VIP to send you our newsletters, as well as special offers and promotions. We may also use this information to advertise and market our products to you.
- For security purposes. For this purpose, we typically use Internet and Network Activity Information or other categories of personal information as necessary to protect our company, our customers, and our business partners. We also may use this personal information to protect our websites or our services, as well as to detect and investigate activities that may be illegal or prohibited (such as cyber attacks or fraudulent activities).
- To comply with laws and regulations. For this purpose, we typically use your personal information as we believe necessary or appropriate to comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal processes, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities.
- With your consent. In some cases we may specifically ask for your consent to collect, use, or share your personal information, such as when required by law.
HOW WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your personal information as follows:
- Service providers. We may share each category of personal information with companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the our website or our business (such as order fulfillment, shipping, payment processing, customer support, hosting, analytics, email delivery, marketing, database management services, returns processing, and risk and fraud mitigation).
- Advertising and marketing partners. We might share the above categories of personal information with companies that help us with our marketing efforts, including third-party advertising partners and social media platforms.
- Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties. We may share the above categories of personal information as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate to comply with law or for the compliance, fraud prevention, and safety purposes described above.
- Organizations in connection with a business transfer. We will share your personal information if we are acquired by or enter into a merger with another company, or otherwise reorganize our business.
5. YOUR CHOICES
You have certain choices about how we use your personal information.
- Access or update your account information. If you have registered for an account with us, you may review and update certain personal information in your account profile by logging into the account.
- Opt out of marketing communications. To stop receiving our newsletter or other promotional emails, use the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each message or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Even if you opt out of getting marketing messages, we will still send you transactional messages. These include responses to your questions. If you receive marketing text messages from us, you may opt out of receiving further marketing text messages from us by replying STOP to our marketing message.
- Cookies. You can control certain cookies and tracking tools. We use the following types of cookies:
Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website. This category of cookies cannot be disabled.
Analytical cookies. These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. Information collected by Google Analytics cookies will be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States of America in accordance with its privacy practices. To see an overview of privacy at Google and how this applies to Google Analytics, visit https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You may opt out of tracking by Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Advertising or targeting cookies. These cookies are used to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing, ensuring that ads are properly displayed, and in some cases selecting advertisements that are based on your interests. Our third party advertising partners may use the cookies to build a profile of your interests and deliver relevant advertising on other websites. You can opt out of tracking on our website or others for online behavioral advertising by visiting the DAA’s Consumer Choice page at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
You may also disable cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to disable all cookies (including strictly necessary cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the website.
Disabling a cookie or category of cookie does not delete the cookie from your browser. You will need to do this separately within your browser. If you have disabled one or more analytical cookies, we may still use information collected from cookies prior to your disabled preference being set.
- Do Not Track. We currently do not respond to browser-based “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
6. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you reside in California, you have the right to ask us one time each year if we have shared personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make a request, please send an email to email@example.com with “Full Transparency” in the subject line. The request must include your current name, street address, city, state, and zip code and attest to the fact that you are a California resident.
If you reside in California, you have the right to make the following requests with respect to your personal information:
- Access. You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories of personal information collected about you, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the categories of personal information sold or disclosed, the business or commercial purpose for collecting and selling the personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we share the personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information collected about you over the past 12 months.
- Deletion. You can request that we delete your personal information that we maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to be free from discrimination. You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
We do not sell your personal information.
We may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. For example, we may retain personal information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to your requests. The verification steps will vary depending on the sensitivity of the personal information and whether you have an account with us.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. When submitting the request, please ensure the authorized agent identifies himself/herself/itself as an authorized agent.
You may exercise the above rights by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. YOUR EUROPEAN PRIVACY RIGHTS
You have the following rights, where provided under applicable law, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), regarding your information (each of which are subject to various exceptions and limitations):
- Information. You have the right to receive confirmation as to whether or not we are processing your personal information.
- Access. You have the right to access to your personal information.
- Correct. You are entitled to update or correct your information if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Delete. At your request, we will delete your personal information if any “right to be forgotten” conditions set forth in the GDPR applies, or if any similar conditions are met under equivalent local laws or regulations.
- Transfer. You have rights to obtain and reuse your personal information for your own purposes across different services and platforms.
- Restrict. You have the right to restrict our processing of personal information if you tell us that it is inaccurate, if you are entitled to request deletion but prefer restriction, if we would otherwise delete it but you need it for legal reasons, or if you are in the process of verifying our “legitimate interests” for processing your personal information (if those interests are the sole legal basis on which we are doing so).
- Object. You have the right to object to certain types of processing, in particular processing based on our legitimate interests. You also can object at any time to your information being used for direct marketing purposes.
You may correct your personal information and exercise your privacy preferences by writing us at:
Mail: Lashology, LLC
335 N Magnolia Ave, Orlando, FL 32801
Please include your name, address, and/or email address when you contact us. We may take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to your requests. The verification steps will vary depending on the sensitivity of the personal information and whether you have an account with us. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or our response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact us or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction.
8. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Lashology is headquartered in the United States and may have service providers in other countries. Your personal information may be transferred to the United States or other locations outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as those in your jurisdiction.
9. THIRD PARTY LINKS AND WEBSITES
10. SECURITY PRACTICES
The security of your personal information is important to us. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. While we strive to protect information transmitted on or through our website, we cannot and do not guarantee the security of any information you transmit on or through this website.
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 16 without permission from a parent or guardian. If you are a parent or legal guardian and you think your child under 16 has given us information, you can contact us at email@example.com.
13. HOW TO CONTACT US